Wiki, Salary, Girlfriend and Personal information of Ambati Rayudu
Ambati Rayudu is an Indian right-handed middle-order batsman, who occasionally keeps wicket and bowls right-arm off breaks. He began his first-class career with Hyderabad cricket team in the year 2002 at a very young age of 16. He made his international debut in July 2013, in an One Day International against Zimbabwe. Here you will find information about Ambati Rayudu bio, age, height, weight, wife, net worth, salary and relationship status.
About/Bio/Wiki of Ambati Rayudu
|Full Name||Ambati Thirupathi Rayudu|
|Nick Name (s)||Amba|
Physical Stats & More
Test- Did Not Play
ODI- 24 July 2013 vs Zimbabwe in HarareT20- 7 September 2014 vs England in Birmingham
Test- Did Not Play
ODI- 8 March 2019 against Australia at RanchiT20- 22 June 2016 against Zimbabwe at Harare
|International Retirement||3 July 2019|
#5 (India)#9 (IPL, County Cricket)
|Bowling Style||Right-arm offbreak|
|Favourite Shot||Scoop Shot|
|Date of Birth||23 September 1985|
|Birth Place||Guntur, Andhra Pradesh|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Vigro|
|School||Bhavan’s Sri Ramakrishna Vidyalaya, Sainikpuri, Secunderabad|
|Marriage Date||14 February 2009|
Daughter- Not KnownSon- Not Known
Father- Ambati Sambasiva Rao (worked at the archives department)Mother- Vijayalakshmi
Brother- Not KnownSister- Not Known
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Travelling|
|Favourite Food||Dosa, Uttapam|
|Favourite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar, V V S Laxman, Steve Waugh|
|Favourite Actor||Sharukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Alia Bhaat|
|Favourite Singer||Arman Mallik|
Controversies of Ambati Rayudu:
- Throughout his career, Rayudu was involved in confrontations with players and umpires.
- He was involved in a scuffle with Hyderabad player Arjun Yadav while playing for Andhra Pradesh in a Ranji match in 2005. In the scuffle, Yadav attacked Rayudu with a stump.
- In a 2012 IPL match, Rayudu used foul language against Harshal Patel. For this act, he was fined 100% of his match fee.
- In the 2014 India A’s tour of Australia, he was seen hurling expletives at the umpire after his dismissal.
- After a match in the 2016 IPL, Rayudu and Harbhajan Singh were involved in an on-field spat.
- In 2017, a video of Ryudu got viral on social media, in which he was seen manhandling a senior citizen.
- In 2018, he received a two-match ban by the BCCI after his heated confrontation with the umpires during a Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy match against Karnataka.
- In January 2019, he was reported for suspected illegal bowling actions in Tests, ODIs, and T20Is; as the bowlers are allowed to flex their elbows only up to 15 degrees.
- In April 2019, selectors dropped him from the World Cup squad in favor of Vijay Shankar, Rayudu tweeted “Just Ordered a new set of 3d glasses to watch the world cup.”
Does Ambati Rayudu smoke: No
Does Ambati Rayudu drink alcohol: Not Known
Some less known facts about Ambati Rayudu:
- Ambati Rayudu is an Indian former cricketer from Hyderabad.
- In 1992, when Rayudu was 8 years old, his father enrolled him in a coaching camp in Hyderabad, which was run by former Hyderabad cricketer Vijay Paul.
- In an interview, Rayudu revealed that his first memory of watching international cricket was the Hero Cup, in 1993.
- In 2002, at the age of 16, Rayudu made his first-class debut during the 2001-02 Ranji Trophy.
- Rayudu had claimed for the Indian cap after scoring 210 and 159 not out against Andhra in only his third Ranji game. In the same match, Rayudu earned the tag of being the youngest player to score a double century and a century in a Ranji match.
- He captained India’s under-19 World Cup team in 2004, which had players like Suresh Raina, Irfan Pathan, Dinesh Karthik, RP Singh, and Shikhar Dhawan.
- Indian senior cricket team manager Mr. Ranga Reddy congratulates Ambati Tirupati Rayudu, who scored a match-winning 177 for the Indian under-19 team against England
- Indian senior cricket team manager Mr. Ranga Reddy congratulates Ambati Tirupati Rayudu, who scored a match-winning 177 for the Indian under-19 team against England.
- In December 2012, Rayudu was picked as the replacement player for the injured Manoj Tiwary for the T20I series against England. He was selected by the newly formed selection panel, chaired by Sandeep Patil.
- Rayudu and V. V. S. Laxman have played together in the Ranji Trophy.
- Apart from being a batsman, he was a part-time off-spinner and wicket-keeper.
- His bowling action was similar to that of Sri Lanka off-spinner Muthiah Muralitharan.
- When India was playing a practice match against Australia A team in Australia, an umpire gave him lbw out which he didn’t agree upon and lost control over his emotions.
- During the 2014 IPL, once he brought a homemade biryani for MS Dhoni and his Chennai Super Kings (CSK) team players.
- He is a huge fan of Manchester United football club.
- After being ignored twice when two Indian players, Shikhar Dhawan and Vijay Shankar, sustained injuries in the 2019 Cricket World Cup, Rayudu, on 3 July 2019, announced his retirement from international cricket.
- In his career, Rayudu played 55 ODIs scoring 1694 runs with an average of 47.05 and 6 T20Is scoring only 42 runs with an average of 10.50.
Image Credit: Twitter