Wiki, Salary, Girlfriend and Personal information of Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharmais an Indian right-handed batsman and an occasional right-arm off break bowler who plays for Mumbai in domestic cricket and captains Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League. He is the vice-captain of the Indian national team in limited-overs formats. Here you will find information about Rohit Sharma bio, age, height, weight, wife, net worth, salary and relationship status. He made his List A debut for West Zone against Central Zone in the Deodhar Trophy at Gwalior in March 2005. He made his first-class debut for India A against New Zealand A at Darwin in July 2006. He made his test debut at Eden Gardens in Kolkata against the West Indies. He made his full international debut in a one-day match against Ireland in Belfast on 23 June 2007.
About/Bio/Wiki of Rohit Sharma
|Full Name||Rohit Gurunath Sharma|
|Nickname||Hitman, Ro, Shaana|
Physical Status & More
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
ODI- 23 June 2007 against Ireland at Belfast
Test- 6 November 2013 against West Indies at KolkataT20 – 19 September 2007 against England at Durban
#45 (India)#45 (IPL)
|Records (main ones)||
|Carrier Turning Point||His unbeaten score of 142 runs in 123 balls for West Zone against North Zone at Udaipur in the 2005 Deodhar Trophy.|
|Date of Birth||30 April 1987|
|Birth Place||Bansod, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
Swami Vivekanand International School and Junior College, MumbaiOur Lady of Vailankanni High School, Mumbai
|Wife/Spouse||Ritika Sajdeh (Sports manager)|
|Marriage Date||13 December 2015|
Daughter- Samaira (born in 2018)
Father- Gurunath Sharma (Worked as a caretaker of a transportation company storehouse)
Mother- Purnima Sharma
Sister- N/ABrother- Vishal Sharma (Younger)
|Hobbies||Travelling, watching movies, playing table tennis & video games|
Batsman : Sachin Tendulkar, Virender SehwagBowler : Harbhajan Singh
|Favourite Food||Aloo Paratha, Chinese cuisine, eggs|
|Favourite Actor||Hrithik Roshan, Akshay Kumar, Saif Ali Khan|
Bollywood: Veer-Zara, Hera Pheri, Jo Jeeta Wahi Sikander, BorderHollywood: The Avengers, Iron Man, The Dark Night Rises
|Cars Collection||BMW M5 Series|
RETAINER FEE: 1 crore (INR)
TEST FEE: 15 lakh (INR)
ODI FEE: 6 lakh (INR)T20 FEE: 3 lakh (INR)
Controversies of Rohit Sharma:
In the 2015 World Cup quarter-final match between India and Bangladesh, when Rubel Hossain took the wicket of Rohit Sharma, Pakistan’s umpire Aleem Dar adjudged Rubel’s full-toss as waist high ‘no-ball’. However, TV replays showed that it was a real touch-and-go situation which could have gone either way. The very next day ICC president Mustafa Kamal who criticised “poor umpiring.” ICC, however, claimed that it was a 50-50 call and umpire’s decision must be respected.
Does Rohit Sharma smoke: No
Does Rohit Sharma drink alcohol: Not Known
Some less known facts about Rohit Sharma:
- He was born in Nagpur, and when he was 1½ years old, his family moved to Dombivali in Mumbai’s suburbs.
- His family’s financial condition was not good enough, so, he was sent to live with his grandparents in Borivali where he started playing ‘Galli Cricket.’
- At the age of 11, when he was in 6th standard, he joined a local cricket club in Borivali (a suburb in Mumbai) during his summer vacation, not as a batsman but as an off-spin bowler; as there were too many batsmen.
- His talent was first discovered by his school coach, Dinesh Lad when he took a couple of crucial wickets in a 10-over under-12 tournament in 1999.
- Earlier, he used to bat at No. 8 or 9, as a tailender, but when his coach saw potential in his batting, he promoted his batting order in the nets. And, for the first time, he opened in an inter-school ‘Giles Shield’ tournament match, where he scored career-changing 120-odd runs.
- He once said that he struggles to bat against Brett Lee.
- In 2009, he took an IPL hat-trick for Deccan Chargers against Mumbai Indians at Centurion, South Africa, by dismissing Abhishek Nayar, Harbhajan Singh, and Saurabh Tiwary.
- He is a firm believer of Lord Ganesha and visits the Siddhivinayak Temple before any tour.
- He once bunked his school to meet Virender Sehwag.
- He is a huge fan of the Real Madrid Football Club.
- He loves to sleep a lot.
- If not a cricketer, he would have been a real estate businessman.
Image Credit: Twitter