Ansu Fati, Barcelona forward, apparently has no plans to leave the team despite Manchester United and other clubs showing interest. The future of the 20-year-old has lately been under scrutiny after a report said, the player’s agent, Jorge Mendes, had spoken to a number of European teams about a potential summer transfer.
Fati has a contract with Camp Nou that runs through June 2027 and he has no plans of departing the club anytime soon. While previous it has been reported that may elite European clubs are interested in signing the 20-year-old.
Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur, and Bayern Munich have all shown interest in the Barca forward. Prior to the 2023–24 season, the Red Devils are rumoured to have identified the Spain international as a potential target.
While Erik ten Hag is anticipated to improve his attacking options with the addition of the player. However, according to Mundo Deportivo, Fati is solely concerned with Barcelona.
According to reports, Fati hopes the rumours surrounding his future will die down because he is eager to establish himself as a crucial member of the team under head coach Xavi.
Ansu Fati to stay at Barcelona
Moreover, Fati has stated his desire to “succeed” with the Catalan powerhouses. Recently, Xavi emphasised that Fati will continue to play a significant role in his future plans and that the youngster was “non-transferable.”
“Ansu Fati is non-transferable, like everyone in the squad right now. He’s a very important player. I have tremendous hope,”
Xavi told reporters.
“We expect a lot from him, I have blind confidence in him. I have it with everyone. We have been shaping the squad based on what I have wanted.”
Xavi added saying:
“Things will work out for him, we have to be patient, he is a spectacular asset for the club, we trust him a lot, he is working very well, he has a tremendous mentality in training, but we need to be patient.
“He is 20 years old and needs time, like everyone else. This is not the time to talk about sales.”
Meanwhile, Barcelona president Joan Laporta downplayed rumours that Fati would be leaving the team, telling reporters last week:
“[Fati] is a Barca player, in whom we have high hopes and we have no news that his agent wants to do anything.”
At the age of 10, Fati enrolled in Barca’s La Masia programme. He progressed through the youth divisions before making his professional debut in August 2019.
The forward, who turns 21 in October, has already played 89 times for the Catalan club at the senior level in all competitions, contributing nine assists and scoring 25 goals.
Only Gavi has played in as many first-team games for Barcelona this season as Fati (31), and he started each of the team’s first 20 La Liga games before making his first appearance as an unused replacement in last weekend’s 1-0 victory against Villarreal.
On Thursday, when Barcelona hosts none other than Man United to Camp Nou for an exciting Europa League playoff first-leg match, Fati will be attempting to force his way back into Xavi’s starting lineup.
For more Sports updates please follow us on Twitter