Wiki, Salary, Girlfriend and Personal information of Chris Jericho
Christopher Keith Irvine better known as Chris Jericho is an American-born Canadian professional wrestler, musician, podcaster, author, actor, and entrepreneur. He is currently signed to All Elite Wrestling (AEW), where he is the inaugural and current AEW World Champion. He debuted in WWE in 1999. Here you can find information about Chris Jericho bio age weight, height, net worth, salary and relationship status. He remained the World Champion until the 2008 Survivor Series.
About/Bio/Wiki of Chris Jericho
|Name||Christopher Keith Irvine|
|Nickname||Y2J, The best in the world, Lionheart, The savior of the
WWE, The 61-minute man
|Ring Name||Chris Jericho|
|Date of Birth||9 November 1970|
|Birth Place/Hometown||Manhasset, New York, United States|
|Profession(s)||Professional Wrestler, Singer, Musician, Actor, Author,
|Alma mater/School/College/University||Red River Community College, Winnipeg|
|Mirrage Date||July 30, 2000|
|Children||Son- Ash Edward Irvine
Daughters- Sierra Loretta Irvine, Cheyenne Lee Irvine
|Parents||Father- Ted Irvine (former Ice-Hockey player)
Mother- Loretta Vivian
Sister- Vanessa Gerads
|Girlfriend/Partner||Barberie Blank aka Kelly Kelly (Wrestler)|
|Hair Colour||N/A( Blonde)|
Career and Awards
|Debut||WCW- August 26, 1996 WWE SmackDown (in-ring): August 26, 1999 (exactly 3-years after his WCW in-ring debut)|
|Theme Song||Break the Walls Down|
|Signature Moves||Codebreaker,Walls of Jericho|
|Awards/Achievments||• 4-time WCW Cruiserweight Champion
• 1-time WCW World Television Champion
• 3-time World Heavyweight Champion
• Ranked #2 among Pro Wrestling Illustrated’s (PWI) top
• 500 singles wrestlers in 2009
• 2-time WWE United States Champion
• 9-time WWE Intercontinental Champion
• 1-time WWF/WWE Hardcore Champion
• 1-time WWF/WWE European Champion
Lifestyle and Hobbies
|Favourite Bands||The Beatles, Metallica, Iron Maiden|
|Favourite Wrestlers||Shawn Michaels, Owen Hart|
|Favourite TV Series||Dexter|
|Net Worth||$18 million|
Controversies of Chris Jericho:
- Jericho was once arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Bill Goldberg and Chris Jericho may now be friends; however, things weren’t the same when the two were together at WCW. It is believed that Goldberg’s refusal to fight with Chris Jericho did not go down well with the latter, owing to which the two had a backstage brawl during one of the episodes of Raw in 2004.
- In June 2010, it was reported that Chris Jericho punched a female fan after she had allegedly spat on the wrestler after a house show event. You can check out the entire fiasco in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxM3nLleA9s
- In 2010, Jericho and former WWE superstar Gregory Helms, better known by his ring name, Hurricane, were arrested at a gas station. The two were reportedly fighting inside a cab while in a state of ‘intoxication’. They were later released on $120 bond.
Does Chris Jericho smoke? No
Does Chris Jericho drink alcohol? Not Known
Facts and News related to Chris Jericho:
- Chris Jericho’s first stint with the squared ring came not as a wrestler but as a ring crew member with the independent wrestling platform- Keystone Wrestling Alliance.
- Despite being born in the United States, Jericho is still billed as a Canadian wrestler. Notably, Ted Irvine, Jericho’s father, was an Ice-Hockey player who played for the New York Rangers. However, shortly after his birth, the old man retired and moved his family back to Canada, where Jericho was raised. Thus, Canada is Y2J’s home-country and not his birthplace.
- In 1995, Jericho signed with Paul Heyman’s Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) and ended up becoming the ECW Television Champion, twice. During this time, he caught the attention of his next employer, the now defunct WCW.
- Chris Jericho is so far the only WWE superstar to have won both the Superstar of the Year (2008) and the Tag Team of the Year Slammy Award (2009).
- In an interview, he revealed that his ring name and his finisher name was inspired by a German Band’s album named “Walls of Jericho”.
- There are also some reports which suggest that Jericho has even served as a manager for wrestlers Wade Barrett and the Usos.
- Extremely fond of body ink, Jericho is usually seen sporting five tattoos, three of which are inked on his left arm. While he has tattooed his wife Jessica’s name on his ring finger, the letter F, on the back of his hand, stands for his band’s name- Fozzy!
- Jericho, along with former NFL Quarterback Tim Tebow and former Atlanta Braves third baseman Chipper Jones, is the proud owner of “D1 Sports Training and Therapy,” a sports training facility located in Florida.
- After spending a brief period as a ring crew, Jericho joined the Hart brothers’ school of wrestling at the age of 19. There, he met wrestler Lance Amstrong and the two extensively traveled across the globe, becoming part of many independent promotions in countries like Japan, Germany, Mexico, etc.
- After having spent 2 years with the WCW, the wrestler then joined the WWE in 1999 and since then has been a part of the promotion, though making sporadic appearances in the latter part of his career.
- The above-mentioned sporadic appearances have partly happened because of his musical career. Jericho is the lead singer of the rock band- ‘Fozzy’ and has to travel for live concerts/recordings every now and then. Notably, as of January 2017, Fozzy has six music albums and one live album to its name.
Image Credit: WWE