Wiki, Salary, Girlfriend and Personal information of Big Show (WWE) Bio
Jr. Paul Donald Wight popularly known as Big Show is an American professional wrestler and actor currently signed to WWE where he performs on the SmackDown brand. He debuted in WCW in Giant way where he was known by his ring name ‘The Giant’. His debut match was at Halloween Havoc where he defeated the Wrestling star, Hulk Hogan. During his school days, he used to play Basketball and football. In this page, you will find information related to age, height, weight, net worth, salary and relationship status of Big Show. He debut in WWE in 1999. He won titles like WWE, WCW and ECW Championships, Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at Wrestle Mania 31 and many more.
About/Bio/Wiki of Big Show (WWE) Bio
|Jr. Paul Donald Wight
|The Giant, The World’s Largest Athlete
|Date of Birth
|8 February 1972
|Aiken, South Carolina, United States
|Professional Wrestler & Actor
School -Wyman King Academy, Batesburg-Leesville, South Carolina
Northern Oklahoma Junior College, Tonkawa
Wichita State University, KansasSouthern Illinois University, Carbondale
|Melissa Piavis (m.1997-2002),Bess Katramados (m.2003-present)
Daughters- Cierra Wight and 2 more
Father- Paul Wight Sr.
Mother- Not Known
Career and Awards
|WWE/WWF: 9 February 1999 (as ‘Big Nasty’ Paul Wight)
|Crank it up
|Chokeslam,Knock-out (KO) Punch
|Awards and Achievements
Lifestyle and Hobbies
|Favourite WWE Superstar
Controversies of Big Show:
- In December 1998, Big Show was arrested by the Memphis Police Department for allegedly exposing himself to a female motel employee. The case was, however, later dropped because of insufficient evidence.
- The same year, Big Show reportedly hit a man with his trademark ‘knockout punch’ at a Marriott hotel in Uniondale, New York. This time again, Show was found to be ‘not guilty.’
- During one of the Monday Night Raw episodes, Big Show, as part of the storyline, tore away a Russian Flag. After Russian media backlash, both WWE and Big Show had to issue an apology.
Does Big Show smoke? Not known
Does Big Show drink alcohol? Yes
Facts and News related to Big Show:
- Eventually, he met a morning radio show jockey named Danny Bonaduce, who was good friends with former wrestler Hulk Hogan. The latter, impressed by Show’s personality, recommended him immediately to the then vice president of WCW- Eric Bischoff.
- Big Show was an avid Basketball player in his younger days. After graduating from school, Show tried his hands on a number of jobs like bouncing, bounty hunting, and answering phone calls for a Karaoke company.
- Because of Big Show’s slight resemblance to André the Giant, the WCW decided to portray him as André’s son. However, the gimmick was soon dropped and Big Show wrestled under the ring name ‘The Giant.’
- Show’s body size opened up a lot of interesting storyline angles for the WWE. In a rather bizarre one, the WWE once aired a segment featuring Show in a Tag Team match. His opponents, unable to tackle him physically, used a tranquilizer instead and sent the giant unconscious. The opponents then brought a razor and shaved his head. This shave perhaps left a mark on his entire career as Show remained bald for the rest of his career.
- Notably, both André the Giant and Big Show used to have acromegaly, a disease of the endocrine system which causes abnormal growth of the hands, feet, and face, caused by overproduction of growth hormone.
- He has fought the legendary boxer, Floyd Mayweather, twice inside the squared ring of the WWE. Unfortunately, show not only lost both the times but was also bleeding after their second bout.
- Aside from wrestling, Show has acted in a number of American sitcoms; he has appeared in as many as 30 television shows, including, Star Trek: Enterprise, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, etc.
Image Credit: WWE