Carie Underwood Bio| Mike Fisher Wife, Physical Stats, Net Worth
Carrie Underwood won Season 4 of ‘American Idol’ in 2005 and went on to become one of the top-selling acts in country music. Born in Oklahoma in 1983, singer Carrie Underwood enjoyed her first taste of stardom by winning Season 4 of American Idol. She followed with the multi-platinum debut album Some Hearts (2005), and went on to win numerous Grammy, Country Music Association (CMA) and Academy of Country Music (ACM) awards. Underwood was also inducted into the Grand Ole Opry in 2008, and has annually co-hosted the CMAs, with Brad Paisley, since that year.
Carrie Underwood Husband
Carrie dated her first boyfriend when she was of 19 years old. Drake Clark was her first love whom she met during her college years. They were in a serious relationship from 2002 but spilt in 2005. During an interview with Cosmopolitan, Carrie stated that she never had a serious relationship after breaking up with Drake and hence her romantic bondage with quarterback player Tony Romo and actor Chace Crawford ended within a short period of time. However, Carrie’s relationship with Mike Fisher has lasted until this day. Mike is a professional ice-hockey player from Canada who is currently playing for the Nashville Predators. Carrie and Mike first met at a concert in 2008. They began dating and got engaged after a year in December 2009. On 10th July 2010, they got wedded in Greensboro, Georgia. In September of 2014, the couple made a public announcement regarding Carrie’s pregnancy. The couple welcomed their first child, son Isaiah Michael Fisher on February 27, 2015.
Carrie Underwood Early Life
She is known across the world by her stage name ‘Carrie Underwood’, the blonde was actually born as Carrie Marie Underwood on 10th March 1983 in Muskogee, Oklahoma. She was born as the youngest of three daughters born to Stephen Underwood and Carole. Her father works in a sawmill while her mother is an elementary school teacher. Shanna and Stephanie are her two elder sisters. She along with her sisters was brought up in their parents’ farm in Checotah, Oklahoma. She attended Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, Oklahoma, graduating magna cum laude in 2006 with a bachelor’s degree in mass communication and an emphasis in journalism.
Net Worth of Carrie Underwood
Her successful singing career along with occasional acting has earned her huge net worth which is estimated to be around $85 million.
Facts about Carrie Underwood
- A local supporter of Carrie made arrangements for her to audition in Nashville for Capitol Records.
- She was 14 years old at that time.
- Capitol Records was about to sing Carrie but they canceled the contract as the management of the company changed.
- Carrie was educated at the Checotah High School and she graduated from there in 2001.
- After passing out from high school, Carrie turned down her singing career thinking that the career won’t help her in future.
- So she attended Northeastern State University and graduated in 2006 with Mass Communication as major.
- As a university student, she participated in several beauty contests and won the second position in Miss NSU in 2004.
- During the summer of 2004, Carrie moved her first steps towards a singing career.
- She attended an audition in St. Louis for American Idol Season 4.
- With approx. 500 million votes throughout the season, Carrie was declared the winner of American Idol on 25th May 2005.
Image Credit: Instagram