Wiki, Salary, Girlfriend and Personal information of Josh Hazlewood
Josh Hazlewood is an Australian tall pace bowler. He made his international debut in an ODI against England on 22 June 2010 at the Rose Bowl in Southampton. Here you will find Josh Hazlewood bio, age, height, weight, wife, net worth, salary and relationship status. His first-class debut was at the Sydney Cricket Ground against the touring New Zealand side in November 2008. He made his Test debut on 17 December 2014 against India.
About/Bio/Wiki of Josh Hazlewood
|Full Name||Josh Reginald Hazlewood|
|Nickname||Hoff, Bendemeer Bullet|
|Profession||Australian Cricketer (Bowler)|
Physical Stats & More
|Hair Colour||Hazel Grey|
Test- 17 December 2014 vs India in Brisbane
ODI- 22 June 2010 vs England in Southampton
T20- 13 February 2013 vs West Indies in Brisbane
|Domestic/State Team (s)||New South Wales, Sydney Sixers, Mumbai Indians|
|Records (main ones)||
Josh Hazlewood has four 5-wicket hauls to his name in International Tests while having 2 hauls in ODI’s.
|Career Turning Point||Hazlewood’s consistent performances for New South Wales at the Australian Domestic circuit led him to an early International debut.|
|Date of Birth||8 January 1991|
|Birth Place||Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Tamworth, New South Wales, Australia|
Son- N/ADaughter- Hinaya Heer Plaha
Father- Trevor Hazlewood
Sister- Cassey Hilier
|Hobbies||Listening to Music, Watching Sitcoms, Cooking|
|Favourite Food||Nando’s Chicken|
|Favourite Cricketer||Glenn McGrath|
|Favourite Singer||Jimmy Barnes|
|Favourite Football Player||Cristiano Ronaldo|
Controversies of Josh Hazlewood:
Hazlewood and Steven Smith became a part of a controversy during Brendon McCullum’s farewell test match in February 2016. The New Zealand vice-captain, Kane Williamson, was given not-out after an LBW appeal by Josh Hazlewood. Infuriated with Umpire’s decision, Hazlewood went for a decision review. Even after seeing the replay on the big screen, and the subsequent not out confirmation, Australians led by Smith were left incensed with the skipper questioning the call. Hazlewood on his part was caught by the stump microphone as saying: “Who the f*** is the third umpire?”
Does Josh Hazlewood smoke: Not Known
Does Josh Hazlewood drink alcohol: Yes
Some less known facts about Josh Hazlewoodi:
- Hazlewood excelled at a number of sports at his school. Javelin Throw, Shotput, Discus Throw and Cricket were “a few” of his favorite sports.
- In an interview, while explaining his love for different sports, Hazlewood said, “I was the three-time Australian champion at javelin from under-13s to under-15s, I was also good at shot put and discus. But I preferred cricket because it was a team sport, and you always got the chance to play with your mates.”
- Friends of Hazlewood’s dad reportedly placed a Aus$100 (US$82) wager with British bookmakers almost 11 years ago at odds of 500-1 that Josh would become a Test player before the age of 30. The bet paid off well, and in 2014, with Hazlewood’s debut, his dad’s friends won Aus$50,000 each, a return 500 times the initial bet.
- His junior cricket coach and mentor, Mick Shelton, once shared an interesting instance from a junior-level match. He said, “He (Hazlewood) got five in a row and the last kid hobbled off after Josh hit him on the toe. Josh probably would have got six wickets in a row but the last kid was too scared and wouldn’t go out to bat.”
- At the 2010 U-19 world cup, Hazlewood ended up becoming the third-highest wicket taker by picking up 13 wickets. His best performance came in the final where he took 4 wickets and helped Australia beat Pakistan by 25 runs. Thus, he was awarded the Man of the Match.
- He was also awarded the 2015 Emerging Player of the year award by ICC.
Image Credit: Twitter