Munaf Patel was born on July 12, 1983. The Indian cricketer who plays in all formats of the game. Tall and wiry, Munaf Patel was regarded to be the quickest Indian bowler when he strode onto the scene in 2003.It was not all smooth sailing from that moment as injuries took a toll on his career. But a breakthrough performance against the visiting Englishmen prompted a call-up to the national side in 2006. He made his debut against England in Mohali, taking 7 for 97 and heralded the arrival of a new star on the Indian pace bowling front.Munaf has the ability to get natural reverse swing when the ball becomes old – a trait that has helped him bowl at the death.With an improved fitness regimen assisting him, he managed to stay fit and played an important, yet rarely noticed role in India’s victorious World Cup campaign in 2011.Munaf starred for the Rajasthan Royals in the first three editions of the IPL and was bought by the Mumbai Indians to play for them in the fourth edition. Taking 74 wickets in 63 matches in IPL so far, Munaf can still perform as a decent T20 bowler. And now Team Power Sportz, along with its Editor-in-Chief, Kanthi D Suresh, warmly welcome him in the GPCL Global Power Cricket League.
Munaf Patel GPCL: interesting things to know about the Indian pacer
- Munaf Patel, the Indian cricketer who plays in all formats of the game, was born on July 12, 1983.
- When he burst onto the scene in 2003, tall and wiry bowler Munaf Patel was thought to be the fastest Indian bowler.
- While things were not always easy sailing because his career was negatively impacted by ailments.
- However, a breakthrough performance against the English visitors in 2006 led to a call-up to the national team.
- His debut against England in Mohali, when he took 7 for 97,signalled the rise of a new star for Indian fast bowling.
- While the ball gets old, Munaf has the ability to naturally reverse swing,
- which has aided him when he is bowling at the end of the game.
- Munaf frequently gets bowled and LBW dismissed because of his prowess at hitting the stumps.
- He was also a part of the Indian team’s World Cup winning campaign in 2011.
- So far in his international career Munaf Patel has taken 125 Wickets across all formats.
- While in Domestic cricket, In the first three IPL seasons, Munaf was a standout for the Rajasthan Royals.
- The Mumbai Indians acquired him to play for them in the fourth season.
- During the fourth IPL season, he and Amit Mishra got into a heated argument.
- There were no takers for him in the next IPL auctions because he wasn’t nearly able to contribute significantly in the domestic circuit.
- As per the IPL stats, Munaf has taken 74 wickets in 63 matches.