Wiki, Salary, Girlfriend and Personal information of Virat kohli
Virat Kohli is an Indian right-handed top-order batsman who currently captains the India national team. He plays for Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League (IPL), and has been the team’s captain since 2013. Here you will find all the information about Virat Kohli bio, age, height, weight, wife, net worth, salary and relationship status. He made his first-class debut for Delhi against Tamil Nadu in November 2006. He made his ODI Debut against Sri Lanka in August of 2008. He made his test debut against the West Indies in 2011.
About/Bio/Wiki of Virat kohli
|Full Name||Virat kohli|
|Nickname||Chikoo, Run Machine|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Batsman)|
Physical Status & More
ODI- 18 August 2008 against Sri Lanka at Dambulla
Test- 20 June 2011 against West Indies at Kingston
T20 – 12 June 2010 against Zimbabwe at Harare
#18 (India)#18 (IPL)
|Coach/Mentor||Raj Kumar Sharma|
|Domestic/State Teams||Delhi, India Red, Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||
|Career Turning Point||When he captained India’s victorious 2008 World Cup Under-19 side in Malaysia.|
|Date of Birth||5 November 1988|
|Birth Place||Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
Vishal Bharti Public School, DelhiSaviour Convent Senior Secondary School, Paschim Vihar, Delhi
|Educational Qualification||12th standard|
|Marriage Date||11 December 2017|
Son- NoneDaughter- None
Father- Late Prem Kohli (Criminal lawyer)Mother- Saroj Kohli (Homemaker)
Brother- Vikas Kohli (Elder)Sister- Bhawna Kohli (Elder)
|Hobbies||Listening to music|
Batsman : Sachin Tendulkar, Chris Gayle, Shane Watson, David Warner, Joe Root, Herschelle GibbsBowler : Shane Warne
Favourite Cricketer Ground
|Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, Australia|
Favourite Cricketer Commentator
|Favourite Food (s)||Salmon, Sushi, Lamb Chops|
|Favourite Actor (s)||Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr.|
|Favourite Actresses||Penelope Cruz, Aishwarya Rai, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif|
Bollywood: Border, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Ishq, 3 IdiotsHollywood: Rocky 4, Iron Man, Southpaw
|Favourite TV Show(s)||American: Homeland, Narcos, Breaking Bad|
|Favourite Car||Aston Martin|
|Favourite Book||Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda|
|Cars Collection||Audi Q7, Audi S6, Audi R8 V10, Audi R8 LMX, Audi A8L W12 Quattro, Toyota Fortuner|
|Net Worth||$25 Million|
Controversies of Virat Kohli:
• In 2011, Kohli on his first tour to Australia, showed his middle finger to the Sydney crowd after they abused him when he was fielding the boundary at the boundary line during the second Test.
• In 2013, during a match between Royal Challengers Bangalore, and Kolkata Knightriders in IPL 6, Kohli and Gautam Gambhir had an ugly spat. After getting out, instead of walking back, Kohli made some remarks which angered Gambhir, after which both started abusing each other until Rajat Bhatia intervened.
• Before the 2015 World Cup in Australia, the BCCI disallowed the Indian players to stay with their wives, or girlfriends during the World Cup. But according to reports, Kohli was staying in the same hotel where his girlfriend Anushka Sharma was staying.
• In 2016, Kohli abused a journalist after a practice session during the T20 World Cup, as Kohli thought that that particular journalist had written an article about actress Anushka Sharma in the National Daily. But, later Kohli came to know that it was the wrong journalist, after which he apologized immediately.
• Though Anil Kumble was named as the Indian cricket team coach in June 2016, in early 2017, there were many reports that were doing rounds hinting at differences between Anil and Virat Kohli. However, prior to the Champions Trophy 2017, when the BCCI published an advertisement for the post of men’s Indian cricket team coach, Anil felt deeply hurt and decided to discontinue his coaching job, and on 21 June 2017, Anil gave his resignation from the post of the Indian cricket team coach.
Does Virat Kohli smoke: Not Known
Does Virat Kohli drink alcohol: Yes
Some less known facts about Virat Kohli:
- Since the age of 3, Virat was fascinated by cricket.
- When he was 9½ years old, his father took him to Raj Kumar Sharma’s West Delhi Cricket Academy.
- His nickname ‘Chikoo’ was given by his Delhi State coach Ajit Chaudhary in his childhood days.
- His favourite subject was ‘History’, and he used to hate ‘Maths.’
- In 2006, his father died of a brain stroke, but the very next day after his father’s death, he played a match-saving knock for Delhi against Karnataka, where he scored 90 runs.
- He never had any backup plan for his future as he always wanted to be a cricketer.
- He has a number of superstitions. He wears black wristbands, and never forgets to wear his ‘Kada’ before his matches.
- He is scared of heights.
- He doesn’t like to have long conversions on the mobile phone.
- He always wears black wristbands for superstitious reasons.
- He is very aggressive as well as an emotional person, he cries when he gets upset. He was seen crying on the field when India did not qualify for the semi-finals in 2012’s T20 World cup.
- He won the ICC ODI Player of the Year Award in 2012.
- In 2012, he was named as one of the 10 best dressed international men.
- He was given the Arjuna Award (2013) and Padma Shri Award (2017) by the Government of India.
- The same year, he was appointed the first brand ambassador of Border Security Force (BSF).
- He is a huge fan of Swiss tennis ace Roger Federer. He is also the co-owner of the ‘UAE Royals’ International Premier Tennis League team.
- He loves tattoos and his count of tattoos keeps on increasing. The first on his left shoulder is ‘God’s eye’ which is a symbol of the power of seeing and understanding that which is unknown and unknowable. Second on his left shoulder is ‘Japanese Samurai warrior’ which is a symbol of living the life based on loyalty to one’s master, self discipline and respectful, ethical behaviour. Third on his left arm is a ‘Monastery’ which is a symbol of a place of peace and power. Fourth on his left arm is ‘Lord Shiva in meditation with Mount Kailash and Mansarovar lake.’ Fifth on his right bicep is a ‘Scorpion’ which is his Zodiac sign.
- He owns a restaurant in Delhi called ‘ Nueva.’
- He is a decent singer, and in 2016, a video of him singing “Jo Wada Kiya Hai Nibhana Padhega” had gone viral.
- He is a truly determined sportsperson, who is not only focused on his cricketing skills but also towards fitness, for which he is idolised by many.
- On 11 December 2017, Virat and Anushka got married in a private ceremony in Tuscany, Italy.
- On 25 September 2018, the Government of India conferred Virat Kohli with the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
Image Credit: Twitter