Wiki, Salary, Girlfriend and Personal information of Eoin Morgan
Eoin Morgan is an Irish-born cricketer who captains the England cricket team in limited overs cricket. A left-handed batsman, he plays county cricket for Middlesex. He previously played for the Ireland cricket team in ODIs, and was the first player to score an ODI hundred for two nations. His ability to hit boundaries at the end of innings sees him labelled as a “finisher”. He is also among the most skilful exponents of the reverse sweep shot.
About/Bio/Wiki of Eoin Morgan
|Full Name||Eoin Joseph Gerard Morgan|
Physicsl State & More
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||Test (For England)- 27 May 2010 vs Bangladesh in London
ODI (For Ireland)- 5 August 2006 vs Scotland in Manchester
T20 (For England)- 5 June 2009 vs Netherlands in London
|Jersey Number||#16 (England)
#7 (Middlesex CCC)
|Domestic/State Teams||Middlesex, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Kolkata Knight Riders, Sydney Thunder, Sunrisers Hyderabad|
|Records (main ones)||• As of 1st January 2017, Eoin Morgan has 8 ODI centuries to his name. Out of these 8, seven centuries have come for England while only one century came for his native team of Ireland.
• In February 2007, he scored a mammoth 209 against UAE and thus became the first Irish cricketer to slam a first-class double century.
• Morgan was named among the four Wisden Cricketers of the year in 2011.
• Morgan’s best ODI knock of 124* came against his native team of Ireland in 2013.
• In May 2019, he became the most capped player in ODIs for England surpassing Paul Collingwood.
|Career Turning Point||Morgan felt that he was wasting his time and talent while playing for Ireland, which is a non-test playing nation. Since non-test playing nations get only a handful number of opportunities a year, Morgan decided to switch over to England.|
|Date of Birth||10 September 1986|
|Birth Place||Dublin, Ireland|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Nationality||Irish & English|
|School||Catholic University School, Dublin, Ireland|
|College||Dulwich College, Dulwich, London (Dropout)|
|Parents||Father- Jody Morgan
Mother- Olivia Morgan
|Siblings||Brothers- Gareth Morgan, Gavin Morgan
Sisters- Laura Morgan, Gwen Morgan
|Hobbies||Reading, Fishing, Playing Golf|
|Favourite Cricketer||Brian Lara, Jacques Kallis|
|Favourite Cricket Ground||Lord’s Cricket Ground, London|
|Favourite Football Player||Lionel Messi|
|Favourite Football Club||Manchester United|
|Favourite Film||Wedding Crashers (2005)|
|Salary (approx.)||£900,000 per year|
Controversies of Eoin Morgan:
- In September 2016, Eoin Morgan, the captain of the English ODI team, refused to tour Bangladesh citing terror attacks as his “cause of concern.”
- A former captain said the batsman had let his team down by refusing to attend over terror fears. Furthermore, English Journalist Piers Morgan branded the decision ‘pathetic’ and called for him to be sacked.
- In Early 2015, Eoin Morgan inadvertently became a victim of a high-profile controversy. Reportedly, Morgan was being blackmailed (through email) for £35,000 over a fling with an Australian woman by her partner who claimed that he had ‘sexual content’ exchanged by the pair in messages. After some investigation, the police traced down the emails to a guy named Nick Emery, a safety consultant in Hobart, Australia. During interrogation, it was found that the accused was the fiance of Morgan’s ex-girlfriend, Brooke Tsakirakis. However, the accused soon apologized and was allowed to leave with a warning. His ex-girlfriend denied any involvement in the case.
- Time and again, Morgan has been criticized for refusing to sing the English National Anthem before the start of any match.
Does Eoin Morgan smoke: Not Known
Does Eoin Morgan drink alcohol: Yes
Some less known facts about Eoin Morgan:
- During his school days, Morgan won three senior cup titles for his school team.
- In his early teens, Morgan played Hurling twice a week and this helped develop his skills as a batsman, particularly as the grip for hurling is the same as for the reverse sweep, a shot at which Morgan is an expert.
- Morgan first came into limelight when he became the highest run-getter at the U-19 world cup while representing his native team, Ireland.
- Eoin Morgan made his ODI debut for Ireland against Scotland at the European Championship and became the first player in the ODI history to be dismissed for 99 in a debut match.
- On 11th March 2011, Morgan made his world cup debut for England, therefore becoming only the fourth player to have represented two different countries at the ICC World Cup.
- Morgan made headlines in 2008 IPL auctions when he became the only English player to earn a contract with an IPL franchise. Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) signed him for a whopping US$220,000.
Image Credit: Twitter and Instagram