Wiki, Salary, Girlfriend and Personal information of KL Rahul
Kannanur Lokesh Rahul better known as KL Rahul, is an Indian top-order batsman and wicket-keeper. Domestically, he plays for Karnataka state. He is also captain of Kings XI Punjab in the IPl. Here you will find information about KL rahul age, bio, height, weight, wife, net worth, salary and relationship status. He made his international debut in 2014 and scored his maiden Test century in his second Test match. He became the first Indian to score a century on One Day International debut.
About/Bio/Wiki of KL Rahul
|Full Name||Kannur Lokesh Rahul|
|Profession||Cricketer (Batsman and Wicket-keeper)|
Physical State & More
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Body Colour||Light Brown|
Test- 26 December 2014 against Australia at Melbourne
ODI- 11 June 2016 against Zimbabwe at HarareT20- 18 June 2016 against Zimbabwe at Harare
|Coach/Mentor||Samuel Jayaraj, GK Anil Kumar, Somsekhar Shiraguppi, Devdas Nayak|
#1, 11 (India)#1, 11 (Domestic)
|Domestic/State Teams||Bangalore Brigadiers (Urban), Karnataka, Karnataka State Cricket Association Colts XI, Royal Challengers Bangalore, South Zone, Sunrisers Hyderabad|
|Records (main ones)||
|Career Turning Point||When he scored 185 and 130 for South Zone in the 2014-15 Duleep Trophy final against Central Zone in Delhi, after which he was included in the Test series against Australia.|
|Date of Birth||18 April 1992|
|Birth Place||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|School||NITK English Medium School, Surathkal|
|College||Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College, Bengaluru|
|Educational Qualifications||Sri Bhagawan Mahaveer Jain College, Bengaluru|
Son- N/ADaughter- N/A
Father- KN Lokesh (Dean)Mother- Rajeshwari (History Professor)
Brother- NoneSister- Bhavna (Younger)
Batsman- Rahul Dravid, AB de Villiers, Virat KohliBowler- Dale Steyn, Mitchell Starc
|Favourite Cricket Ground(s)||
M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in BengaluruSydney Cricket Ground (SCG) in Sydney
|Favourite Athlete(s)||Usain Bolt (Sprinter), Roger Federer (Tennis)|
|Favourite Football Team||Manchester United F.C.|
|Favourite Footballer(s)||Zlatan Ibrahimovic, David Beckham|
|Favourite Food(s)||Sushi, Bhindi curry|
|Favourite Actor||Ranbir Kapoor|
|Favourite Actresses||Aishwarya Rai , Shraddha Kapoor, Alia Bhatt, Kareena Kapoor, Scarlett Johansson|
|TOTAL IPL INCOME||₹371000000|
|Net Worth||$4 Million|
Controversies of K.L Rahul:
- In July 2016, when Indian cricket team toured West Indies, during a day off KL Rahul posted a photo with a beer bottle on Twitter. Then what, the image went viral but was not liked by some of the BCCI officials as according to them, it will send a bad example to the cricket fans. However, Rahul immediately deleted the photo after the BCCI’s objection.
- In February 2017, when he tweeted about Ravichandran Ashwin following him on Twitter, he received various replies, one of which by “BeingChirag Dave” caught his attention as it was a harsh one. Rahul couldn’t stop himself and gave him a sarcastic reply.
- In 2019, he, along with Hardik Pandya, were invited in Karan Johar’s talk show ‘Koffee with Karan.’ The episode stirred controversy due to their sexist comments.
Does K.L Rahul smoke: Not Known
Does K.L Rahul drink alcohol: Yes
Some less known facts about K.L Rahul:
- Rahul was born into a middle-class Mangalorean family with teaching background.
- He has always been a sports junkie who throughout his childhood used to play all kinds of sports. His parents always encouraged him to play sports, but on one condition that if his grades will decrease, he will have to stop playing sports, and he never let it happen throughout his studies.
- His father was a huge fan of Sunil Gavaskar and mistook the name of his son ‘Rohan’ as ‘Rahul,’ and thus named his son Rahul.
- He used to be a mischievous yet reserved as a kid.
- His father used to be the secretary of his school, and he took it for granted by taking certain advantage such as by colouring his hair, wearing casual shoes, etc.
- At the age of 11, he started his rigorous cricketing practice at St Aloysius College Centenary Grounds in Mangaluru Central and Nehru Maidan as well. When he was below 14, he used to play both the Under-14 and Under-16 Karnataka teams.
- He considers Rahul Dravid as his cricketing idol.
- He is counted amongst the most stylish Indian cricketers, who considers David Beckham as his style icon, who inspired him to get his first tattoo at the age of 15, and when his mother came to know about it, she got so upset with it that she didn’t talk with him for some time.
- At the age of 17, he moved to Bengaluru to pursue his cricket career and did his cricket training from the Karnataka State Cricket Academy (KSCA). The next year, he made his first-class debut in the Ranji Trophy for Karnataka in the 2010-11 season.
- While playing first-class cricket for Karnataka, he had bullied his junior teammate Karun Nair a lot.
- icket career as an orthodox Test batsman, but struggled to prove himself in the first few years of the IPL in 2014 and 2015. At that time, his childhood coach, Samuel Jayaraj, worked upon his technique and temperament to play aggressive cricket and in the IPL 2016, he came out all guns blazing as he scored 397 runs with a healthy strike rate of 146.
- Every time before going to the cricket field, he says “I’m the best” to himself to get motivated.
- If he wasn’t a cricketer, he would have been a soldier.
- He is quite spiritual and goes to a temple every Thursday.
- On 16 May 2018, he was so disappointed following a close loss to ‘Mumbai Indians’ that despite being given the ‘Player of the Match’ award, he gave it to a fan of his in the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
Image Credit: Instagram