Wiki, Salary, Girlfriend and Personal information of MS Dhoni
MS Dhoni, is an Indian right-handed middle-order batsman and wicket-keeper who captained the Indian national team in limited-overs formats from 2007 to 2016 and in Test cricket from 2008 to 2014. Under his captaincy, India won the 2007 ICC World Twenty20, the 2010 and 2016 Asia Cups, the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup and the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy. Here you will find the information about MS Dhoni bio, age, height, weight, wife, net worth and salary. He made his ODI debut in December 2004 against Bangladesh.
About/Bio/Wiki of MS Dhoni
|Full Name||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
|Nickname||MSD, MS, Mahi, Captain Cool|
Physical Stats & More
|Eye Colour||Dark Brow|
ODI- 23 December 2004 against Bangladesh at Chittagong
Test- 2 December 2005 against Sri Lanka at Chennai
T20 – 1 December 2006 against South Africa at Johannesburgq
|Coach/Mentor||Keshav Banerjee and Chanchal Bhattacharya|
|Domestic/State Team (s)||Asia XI, Bihar, Chennai Super Kings, Jharkhand, Rising Pune Supergiants|
|Records (main ones)||
|Career Turning Point||Performance in the 2003/04 tri-nation tournament against Kenya and Pakistan A, where he scored 362 runs in 6 matches at an average of 72.40.|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||
|Date of Birth||7 July 1981|
|Birth Place||Ranchi, Jharkhand, (Then in Bihar) India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|School||DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|College||St. Xaviers College, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|Marriage Date||4 July 2010|
Daughter- ZivaSon- None
Father- Pan Singh (MECON employee; worked at Junior Management position)
Mother- Devki Devi
Brother- Narendra Singh Dhoni (Elder, Politician)
Sister- Jayanti Gupta (Elder)
|Hobbies||Biking, Playing Football and Tennis, Swimming|
Batsmen : Sachin Tendulkar, Adam GilchristBowlers : Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee
|Favourite Cricket Ground(s)||
Lord’s Cricket Ground, LondonMelbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Melbourne
|Favourite Food||Chicken Butter Masala, Chicken Tikka Pizza, Kebabs, Yellow Dal, Sonpapdi, Gulab Jamun and Rasgullas|
|Favourite Football Player||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|Favourite Tennis Player||Rafael Nadal|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, John Abraham|
|Favourite Actress||Angelina Jolie, Deepika Padukone|
|Cars Collection||Open Mahindra Scorpio, Maruti SX4, Hummer H2, Toyota Corolla, Land Rover Freelander, GMC Sierra, Mitsubishi Pajero Sfx, Mitsubishi Out Lander, Porsche 911, Audi Q7 SUV, Ferrari 599, Jeep Grand Cherokee|
|Bikes Collection||Kawasaki Ninja H2, Confederate Hellcat, BSA, Suzuki Hayabusa, a Norton Vintage, Hero Karizma ZMR, Yamaha Rxz, Yamaha Thundercat, Yamaha Rx, Ducati 1098, Yamaha Rd 350, Tvs Apache, Kawasaki zx14r Ninja, Confederate Hellcat X 132, Harley Davidson Fat boy, Enfield Machismo, Customized Tvs Dirt bike|
|Salary||₹15 Crore (IPL 2019)|
|Net Worth||$103 million|
Controversies of Mahendra Singh Dhoni:
- In 2007, 40 residents of his locality filed a plea against the Ranchi Regional Development Authority (RRDA) for wasting 15,000 litres of water in M.S. Dhoni’s home in daily maintenance of the swimming pool. At that time, his locality was going through a severe water crisis.
- He was involved in a tax evasion controversy over his Hummer H2, as the vehicle needed a registration charge of ₹4 lakhs in India, but it was mistakenly registered as a Mahindra Scorpio, the charge of registering which is ₹53,000.
- During the 2013 IPL spot-fixing, Dhoni was on the radar of the Supreme Court. He was in the contact with Gurunath Meiyappan, who was named in betting charge sheet. Later, Dhoni called Gurunath Meiyappan, a “mere cricket enthusiast.” However, Meiyappan was a full-fledged team owner.
- In 2016, he resigned as the brand ambassador of Amrapali real estate group after the residents from one of the Amrapali units carried a social media campaign after facing logistical issues in the society.
Does Mahendra Singh Dhoni smoke: No
Does Mahendra Singh Dhoni drink alcohol: Yes, occasionally
Some less known facts about Mahendra Singh Dhoni:
- Dhoni was born to a middle-class Rajput caste of rulers.
- He secured 65% in his 10th Board exams.
- In 1993, he was first spotted as a goalkeeper by KR Banerjee, the cricket coach at his school, who later asked him to try his hand in wicket-keeping.
- It was PC Poddar, the former cricket captain of Bengal, who saw great potential in him during the Talent Resource Development Wing (TRDW) match in Jamshedpur. After which, he was selected in the Bihar U19 team in the 1998/99 season, where he scored 176 runs in 5 matches.
- In 2002, when Dhoni was trying for a place in the India team, he fell in love with a girl named Priyanka Jha. But, unfortunately, Priyanka died in an accident, the same year.
- Though he played as a senior for Bihar from 1999 to 2003, his consistent performance was ignored by East Zone selectors, after which he was moved to West Bengal, where he started working as a ticket collector at Kharagpur railway station for 3 years (2001-2003).
- In 2003, Sourav Ganguly approached him to move to Kolkata, but he denied the offer and went back to Bihar, where he went to the National Cricket Academy.
- His life took a turn in 2004 when he got selected for India A tour of Zimbabwe and Kenya, where he performed exceptionally well.
- On his ODI debut against Bangladesh on 23 December 2004, he was out for a duck.
- Dhoni made his 1st ODI century against arch-rival Pakistan in Vishakapatnam, where he smashed 148 runs from 123 balls.
Image Credit: Twitter