Wiki, Salary, Girlfriend and Personal information of Nikhil Shankar Naik
Nikhil Shankar Naik is an Indian cricketer who plays for Maharashtra cricket team. He is a right-handed batsman and occasional wicket-keeper. In 2015, he was signed up by the Indian Premier League franchise Kings XI Punjab for Rs. 30 lakh. In the 2020 IPL auction, he was bought by the Kolkata Knight Riders.
About/Bio/Wiki of Nikhil Naik
|Full Name||Nikhil Shankar Naik|
Physicsl State & More
|Body Colour||Light Brown|
72 & 16 in Kings XI Punjab team, 2015 IPL
7 in Kolkata Knight Riders team, 2019 IPL
Right arm fast-medium
|Records (main ones)||During a match in the 2019 season of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, he smashed five sixes in an over against Railways cricket team at the Holkar Stadium.|
|Career Turning Point||His debut match on 23 April 2006 when he played from Kings XI Punjab against Sunrisers at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad|
|Date of Birth||9 November 1994|
|Birth Place||Sawantwadi, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Sawantwadi, Maharashtra, India|
Father- Shankar Naik (Fish Merchant)
Mother- Name not known
Brother- Name not knownSister- Name not known
|Hobbies||Traveling, Watching Movies.|
South Indian dishes
|Favourite Cricketer||Virender Sehwag|
|Favourite Actor||Sharukh Khan|
|Car Collection||Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza|
Controversies of Nikhil Naiki:
He doesn’t have any controversies in his career till now.
Does Nikhil Naik smoke: Not Known
Does Nikhil Naik drink alcohol: Not Known
Some less known facts about Nikhil Naik:
- He loves Punjabi songs and loves to dance on Punjabi songs despite being a Marathi and not knowing about the Punjabi language.
- His Kolkata Knight Riders team-mates fondly call him the ‘Indian Russell’.
- Naik had a rough time to get to the top flight of cricket. He lost his mother to paralysis in 2010 and his father, a fish merchant, had a tough time arranging money to pay for his cricket kit.
- Before getting picked by the Kolkata Knight Riders team at his base price of Rs 20 lakh in 2018, Naik was part of the Kings XI Punjab from 2015-2018. He only appeared in a couple of games in 2016, scoring 27 runs in two innings.
- He made his first-class debut for Maharashtra in the Ranji Trophy on 7 January 2019.
- He made his List-A debut for Maharashtra against Gujarat, in the 2014 Vijay Hazare Trophy. He scored 234 runs in 4 matches.
- Nikhil Naik from the very beginning was an adept wicketkeeper. His wicket-keeping skills soon got him noticed and he was drafted into the Maharashtra under-15 cricket team, aged just 12.
- He has appeared for all of Maharashtra’s age-group sides and while being captain of the under-16 and under-19 teams, he led them to win national titles.
- While he was adept at wicket-keeping, he desperately struggled at batting and hitting fours or sixes. In a bid to improve his batting skills, he lost weight and he noticed that his batting improved and he started hitting long shots effortlessly.
- Before he started playing cricket, he was an affluent tennis player and was a force on the tennis-ball circuit in Konkan. The way he hit the ball on tennis court led to his father enrolling him in Sawantwadi’s only cricket academy that was in operation at the small town’s sole ground
Image Credit: Twitter and KKR