Wiki, Salary, Girlfriend and Personal information of Ravichandran Ashwin
Ravichandran Ashwin is an Indian all-rounder who bats right-handed and bowls right-arm off break. He plays for Tamil Nadu in domestic cricket. He is the first Indian cricketer to score a century and take five wickets in the same Test match. Here you will find information related to Ravichandran Ashwin age, height, weight, net worth, salary and relationship status. He made his ODI debut against Sri Lanka cricket team on 5 June 2010. He made his Test debut on 6 November, 2011 against West Indies cricket team. He made his T20I debut against Zimbabwe in Harare.
About/Bio/Wiki of Ravichandran Ashwin
|Full Name||Ravichandran Ashwin|
|Profession||Cricketer (Spin Bowler)|
Physical State & More
|Body Colour||Light Brown|
ODI- 5 June 2010 against Sri Lanka at Harare
Test- 6 November 2011 against West Indies at Delhi
T20- 12 June 2010 against Zimbabwe at Harare
|Domestic/State Teams||Chennai Super Kings, Dindigul Dragons, Rising Pune Supergiants, Tamil Nadu, Worcestershire|
|Records (main ones)||
|Career Turning Point||His remarkable performance in the 2010 Indian Premier League (IPL 3), after which he was selected in the Indian squad that toured Zimbabwe in May–June 2010.|
|Date of Birth||17 September 1986|
|Birth Place||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Vigro|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan, ChennaiSt. Bede’s Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School, Chennai
|College||Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering (SSN), Chennai|
|Educational Qualifications||B.Tech in Information Technology (IT)|
|Marriage Date||13 November 2011|
Daughters- Akhira (born in 2015), Aadhya (born in 2016)Son- None
Father- Ravichandran (Worked in Southern Railways, Former club level cricketer)Mother- Chitra
Brother- N/ASister- N/A
|Hobbies||Reading, Watching movies, tennis, basket ball & football|
|Favourite Cricketer (s)||
Batsman- Sachin Tendulkar, Clive Lloyd, Vivian Richards
Bowler- Shane WarneAll-rounder- Kapil Dev
|Favourite Athlete(s)||Diego Maradona, Marat Safin, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Usain Bolt|
Bollywood- 3 Idiots
Hollywood- Vertical LimitTamil- Boss Engira Baskaran
|Favourite Singer||A. R. Rahman, Shoaib Bhushan|
|TOTAL IPL INCOME||₹648900000|
Controversies of Ravichandran Ashwin:
- In September 2016, during a Tamil Nadu Premier League (TNPL) match, he lost his temperament while batting for Dindigul Dragons against Chepauk Super Gillies. When the batsman on the other end, Jagadeesan Narayan got dismissed, Ashwin and Narayan had a verbal spat and physical tussle with the bowler Kishore who pushed Narayan and passed provocating comments.
- In December 2016, he was trolled on social media as he didn’t mention the name of former captain MS Dhoni in his thank you speech after winning the ICC Best Test Cricketer Award.
- On 19 February 2018, Ashwin promoted a shoe brand on Twitter, to which former South African cricketer Herschelle Gibbs tweeted, “Hopefully you will be able to run faster now Ashwin.” Ashwin counted his tweet by saying, “Surely not as fast as you did mate, unfortunately I was not as blessed as you were. But I was blessed with a wonderfully ethical mind not to fix games that put food on my plate.” Soon after, Ashwin deleted the tweets respecting his “family of fans.”
Does Ravichandran Ashwin smoke?: No
Does Ravichandran Ashwin drink alcohol?: Not known
Some less known facts about Ravichandran Ashwin:
- Ashwin was born into a Tamil-Brahmin family with a sports background as his father used to play cricket at the club level as a fast bowler.
- The subject that he used to hate the most was Maths.
- His wife, Prithi studied with him in during high schooling.
- He was a mischievous kid in his school days.
- He started playing cricket as an opening batsman, but at the age of 14, he injured his pelvic area that caused a ligament tear in the hip bones, after which he dropped the idea of becoming a batsman.
- Initially, he started as a fast bowler, but his mother felt that it’s not suiting him, so she suggested him to do spin bowling, which proved to be the right call.
- His aspirations to become a genuine spinner skyrocketed when he went to the National Cricket Academy, captained his team and took a 7-wicket haul.
- He took atleast one wicket in his debut match across all formats (T20I, ODI, Test).
- He was bestowed with the Arjuna Award by the Government of India Arjuna award — India’s highest sporting honour — in 2014.
- Cricket pundits often consider him as the perfect blend of former Indian spin bowler Bishan Singh Bedi, Bhagwat Chandrasekhar, and Erapalli Prasanna.
- His all-time favourite skipper is Sourav Ganguly.
- He was the guest contestant on Vijay TV’s ‘Neengalum Vellalam Oru Kodi’ (Tamil version of ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’) that was hosted by Suriya.
- He is an avid dog lover and whenever he is in Chennai, he loves to take his dogs for a walk in the night.
- He is a movie freak and loves watching every new release at Chennai’s Sathyam Cinema.
- His favorite superhero is ‘Batman.’
- On 25 March 2019, playing for Kings XI Punjab against Rajasthan Royals, Ashwin dismissed Jos Buttler in a run out popularly called ‘Mankading’. Though this is a legally permissible dismissal, it is considered against the spirit of the game, and for the same, Ashwin received heavy criticism from every corner.
Image Credit: Instagram