Wiki, Salary, Girlfriend and Personal information of Suresh Raina
About/Bio/Wiki of Suresh Raina
Suresh Rainais is an Indian international cricketer. He is an aggressive left-handed middle-order batsman and an off-spin bowler. In 2000, at the age of 14, Suresh Raina moved to Lucknow to attend the specialist government college, Guru Gobind Singh Sports College. By 2002, he had become the captain of the Uttar Pradesh U-16 team. Here you will find the information related to Suresh Raina age, bio, weight, height, net worth, salary and wife. He was the captain of the Gujarat Lions in the Indian Premier League, and is the vice-captain of the Chennai Super Kings.
|Full Name||Suresh Kumar Raina|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Batsman)|
Physicsl State & More
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
ODI- 30 July 2005 against Sri Lanka at Dambulla
Test- 26 July 2010 against Sri Lanka at Colombo
T20 – 1 December 2006 against South Africa at Johannesburg
Chennai Super Kings, Gujarat Lions, India Blue, Uttar Pradesh
|Coach/Mentor||Deepak Sharma, SP Krishnan|
|Records (main ones)||
|Career Turning Point||At the age of 15, Raina was spotted by Indian selectors when he was playing for Uttar Pradesh under-16s and was drafted to India’s under-19 tour of England where he scored 2 half-centuries.|
|Date of Birth||27 November 1986|
|Birth Place||Muradnagar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Rajnagar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|College||Government Sports College, Lucknow|
|Marriage Date||3 April 2015|
Daughter- Gracia Raina
Son- Not Known
Father: Tirlokchand Raina (Retired army officer)
Mother: Parvesh Raina
Brothers: Naresh Raina, Mukesh Raina, Dinesh Raina (All elder)
Sister: Renu Raina (Elder)
|Hobbies||Travelling, snorkelling, water sports, paragliding|
Aloo Kadhi, Tunde kebaba
|Favourite Cricketer||Aloo Kadhi, Tunde kebaba|
|Favourite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Actress||Sonali Bendre, Jessica Alba|
|Favourite Song||“Sukoon Mila” from the film Mary Kom|
|Car Collection||Porsche Boxster, Mini Cooper|
|Net Worth||$ 25 Million|
Controversies of Suresh Raina:
- Throughout his career, Rayudu was involved in confrontations with players and umpires.
- He was involved in a scuffle with Hyderabad player Arjun Yadav while playing for Andhra Pradesh in a Ranji match in 2005. In the scuffle, Yadav attacked Rayudu with a stump.
- In a 2012 IPL match, Rayudu used foul language against Harshal Patel. For this act, he was fined 100% of his match fee.
- In the 2014 India A’s tour of Australia, he was seen hurling expletives at the umpire after his dismissal.
- In 2012, a sarcastic tweet was directed to the Pakistan cricket team, who were ousted from the tournament after their loss to Sri Lanka in the semi-finals, “Ek do din late gaye ghar !!!! Woh bhi besharam ki tarah Gaye… Bye bye Pakistan!!!!.” Soon after, this tweet was deleted after it was condemned on Twitter. Raina came up with a clarification on twitter and put the blame on his nephew for it by tweeting “Smart phones r dangerous. Discovered it last night after my nephew posted random tweets. I’m a sportsman and would never disrespect”. Though I already deleted it, I felt it’s better to clarify. To all those who r upset, I’m sorry. I’m not one to show disrespect.”
- On 20 June 2013, former IPL chief Lalit Modi alleged that Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja and Dwayne Bravo had taken bribes from a bookie who was also a builder, while they were playing for Chennai Super Kings.
- During the 2016 T20 World Cup, he found himself in the middle of a match-fixing controversy on the eve of India’s World T20 semi-final match against West Indies in Mumbai. According to reports, Suresh Raina was earlier being investigated by Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) on possible involvement in match-fixing, after being seen with a woman, who is known to be a close associate of a bookie.
Does Suresh Raina smoke: No
Does Suresh Raina drink alcohol: Not Known
Some less known facts about Suresh Raina:
- Raina belongs to a Kashmiri Pandit family from Anantnag district, Jammu & Kashmir.
- He spent much of his childhood in hostel staying away from home.
- He started playing professional cricket in 1999 at the sports college in Lucknow.
- He was the skipper of the Under-16 Uttar Pradesh team.
- He has a habit of collecting his cricket bats and till now he has collected 250+ bats, including his first bat which was gifted by his father in 1998.
- He played his first Ranji Trophy game at the age of 16.
- On his ODI debut in 2005, he was dismissed for a ‘Golden Duck’ against Sri Lanka.
- During an ODI match against West Indies in the Tri Series 2013, Raina and Ravindra Jadeja had a spat after Raina failed to take Sunil Narine’s catch on two occasions.
- He scored a century on his Test debut.
- He has never missed out on a single match for ‘Chennai Super Kings.’
- He has sung the song “Tu Mili Sab Mila” for a 2015 Bollywood film ‘Meeruthiya Gangsters.’
- He can play saxophone (woodwind instruments).
- He tied the nuptial knots with his childhood friend Priyanka Chowdhary.
- If he wasn’t a cricketer, he would have been a Basketball player.
- Ravindra Jadeja and Shikhar Dhawan are among his best friends in Indian cricket team.
- He tattooed ‘Believe’ on his right arm.
Image Credit: BCCI