Wiki, Salary, Girlfriend and Personal information of Curtis Axel
Joseph Curtis Hennig popularly known as Curtis Axel is an American professional wrestler currently working with WWE. He debuted in WWE in 2010, joining The Nexus under the ring name Michael McGillicutty. Here you can find wiki, bio, age, height, weight, net worth, salary and wife information of Curtis Axel. He had previously wrestled at their developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW). He is the current Intercontinental Champion in his first reign.
About/Bio/Wiki of Curtis Axel
|Joseph Curtis Hennig
|Date of Birth
|October 1, 1979
|American professional wrestler and actor
|Graduated from North Hennepin Community College
|Father: Curt Hennig
Mother: Leonice Leonard
|Brothers: Hank Hennig
Sisters: Kaite Hennig
Career and Awards
|NXT: June 5, 2013
SmackDown (Main Roster): April 14, 2016
Belly to back suplex
Big boot – took from Hulk Hogan
Diving pointed elbow drop
|Florida Championship Wrestling
FCW Florida Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
FCW Florida Tag Team Championship (4 times)
Pro Wrestling Illustrated
Feud of the Year (2010)
Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (2010)
Rookie of the Year (2008)
PWI ranked him #47 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the
PWI 500 in 2013
World Wrestling Entertainment/WWE
WWE Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
WWE Tag Team
Championship (1 time)
Lifestyle and Hobbies
Watching TV Series
Playing Video Games
|Robert Downey Jr.
Controversies of Curtis Axel:
Curtis Axel dropped the gimmick and hasn’t used it since. It was another case of erasing Hulk Hogan from anything that was connected to the WWE. The video was a sex tape with Hulk Hogan and Heather Clem, who happened to be the estranged wife of Hogan’s former close friend Bubba the Love Sponge. The tape was released before the racial controversy occurred and the WWE seemed to have no problem with it.
Does Curtis Axel smoke? No
Does Curtis Axel drink alcohol? Yes
Facts and News related to Curtis Axel:
- Hennig started his professional wrestling career in 2007 when he took the training from his father “Mr. Perfect” Curt Hennig, Brad Rheingans and Harley Race. He joined World League Wrestling in 2007 and stayed back till 2008.
- Hennig also formed a tag team with Brett DiBiase as The Fortunate Sons and won the FCW Florida Tag Team Championship by defeating The Dudebusters. Hennig changed his name as Michael McGillicutty, winning the tag team titles with Kaval for the fourth time from Los Aviadores. McGillicutty returned to NXT in 2010 and made his in-ring debut by teaming with Kingston against Mark Henry and Lucky Cannon in a winning effort. McGillicutty then joined the Nexus group and feuded with legends like John Cena and Randy Orton. In 2011, McGillicutty teamed with fellow Nexus member David Otunga to win the WWE Tag Team Championship from Big Show and Kane with help from fellow Nexus members Punk and Mason Ryan.
- In 2015, Axel started his own hashtag #AxelMania in which he used to imitate Hulk Hogan while teaming with Sandow. Axel closed his AxelMania after WWE fired Hulk Hogan. He teamed up with Heath Slater, Adam Rose and Bo Dallas to form a new faction named “The Social Outcasts”. Axel also participated André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at Wrestle mania 32 and 33, however, he lost.
- Axel had very huge debut math against Triple H. At Payback, Axel defeated Wade Barrett and The Miz in a triple threat match to win the Intercontinental Championship, which was his first singles title in WWE.
- Axel and Dallas united to form a new tag team named “The B-Team”. They together defeated Breezango (Tyler Breeze and Fandango) as a team for the first time. The B-Team won a tag team battle royal to bag the number one contenders for the Raw Tag Team Championships. At Extreme Rules, The B-Team defeated Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt to win the Raw Tag Team Championship. Ziggler and McIntyre defeated Axel and Dallas to win the titles, ending their reign at 50 days. At WrestleMania 35, Axel and Dallas also participated in the André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal but failed to win the spot. They are recently shifted to SmackDown as part of the 2019 WWE Superstar Shake-up.
Image Credit: WWE