Leila Lopes Bio| Dustin Johnson Wife, Physical Stats, Net Worth
Leila Luliana da Costa Vieira Lopes Umenyiora (born 26 February 1986) is an Angolan actress, TV host, model and beauty queen who won the titles of Miss Angola UK 2010, Miss Angola 2010 and Miss Universe 2011.
Leila Lopes Husband
In February 2013, she became engaged to former New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora in Monaco. They were married on 30 May 2015. In February 2018, they announced that Lopes was pregnant with their first child together.Their son was born later that year.
Leila Lopes Early Life
In February 2013, she became engaged to former New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora in Monaco. Leila Lopes got married to Osi Umenyiora on Saturday, 30 May 2015.Lopes was born on 26 February 1986 in Benguela, Benguela Province, Angola. Prior to being a contestant in beauty pageants, she studied business management at University Campus Suffolk in Ipswich, England. Lopes is actively involved in raising awareness about HIV/AIDS and the discrimination that people with the disease experience.
Facts about Leila Lopes
- Lopes beat 20 other candidates to be named Miss Angola in Luanda on 18 December 2010, gaining her the right to represent Angola in Miss Universe 2011.
- She also obtained the Photogenic Award during the contest.
- On 12 September 2011, Lopes was crowned Miss Universe in São Paulo, Brazil, receiving the title from the former Miss Universe Ximena Navarrete of Mexico.
- She is currently the 60th Miss Universe titleholder, and is the first Angolan woman to hold the position.
- Lopes is the seventh woman of African descent to win the title since the beginning of the worldwide pageant.
- In October 2011, Lopes paid a visit to Indonesia where she attended local charity events and Puteri Indonesia 2011 Pageant held at Jakarta Convention Center, in Jakarta.
- In February 2012, Lopes visited Johannesburg, South Africa.
- On arrival she was welcomed by Miss South Africa 2011 Melinda Bam at a glitzy red carpet event in Sun City.
- During her visit, Lopes attended a launch event for African Fashion International on February 16 in support of Joburg Fashion Week 2012, which is scheduled to take place in the following month.
- She also visited one of Melinda Bam’s supported charities – Thuthuzela, an NGO which looks after abandoned and orphaned children in Alexandra Township.
- Lopes also attended the State of the Province Address by Honourable Thandi Modise, Premier of the North-West, on February 17 at the North-West University, Mafikeng Campus.