Meredith Whitney Bio| John Layfield Wife, Physical Stats, Net Worth
Meredith Ann Whitney is an American businesswoman hailed as “The Oracle of Wall Street” by Bloomberg. She is widely known for successfully forecasting the difficulties of Citigroup and other major banks during the financial crisis of 2007–2008.
Meredith Whitney Physical Stats
Meredith Whitney age is 50 years old and stands a height of 5 feet 8 inches tall. She has blonde hair with dark brown color eyes. Her body measurements are not known as of now. She wears a shoe size of 7 UK.
Meredith Whitney Husband
Whitney married John Layfield in Key West, Florida, on February 12, 2005. Layfield is a former WWE Champion, former WWE color commentator, and fellow Fox News Channel contributor. Her previous dating history is not available anywhere on internet.
Net Worth of Meredith Whitney
Meredith Whitney net worth is approx $2 million USD, as of 2020. Her source of income is her business and other merchandise which she runs.
Meredith Whitney Early Life
Whitney was born on Nov 26, 1969 in Summit, New Jersey, United States. She grew up in Bethesda, Maryland.She graduated from Madeira School in 1987 before attending a post-graduate year at Lawrenceville School, becoming a member of its first co-ed graduating class. She graduated with honors from Brown University in 1992 with a B.A. in History. Later, in 2013, Whitney de-registered MWAG and started her own hedge fund, Kenbelle Capital LP. She joined Bermudan insurer Arch Capital Group as a manager overseeing outside investment firms, in December 2015.
Facts about Meredith Whitney
- In 2007, Forbes magazine had listed Whitney as the second-best stock picker in the capital-market industry.
- Whitney’s extremely bearish view on banks landed her on the cover of the August 18, 2008, issue of Fortune magazine.
- The New York Post listed her among the “50 Most Powerful Women in New York City”, and a CNBC viewer survey named her as “Power Player of the Year” over Jamie Dimon, Ben Bernanke, and Hank Paulson.
- In an interview on the CBS television program 60 Minutes, Whitney stated that 50 to 100 counties, cities, and towns in the United States would have “significant” municipal bond defaults totaling “hundreds of billions” of dollars, and that “it’ll be something to worry about within the next 12 months”, in 2010.
- Whitney’s municipal debt thesis is still considered valid by at least one analyst.
- She loves travelling and reading non- fiction books.
- White is her favourite color.
- Her favourite destination is Switzerland and Paris.
- Since her childhood, she was very passionate about business arena.
- She is a pet lover and owns a dog as well.
Image Credit: Instagram