Wiki, Salary, Girlfriend and Personal information of Vijay Shankar
Vijay Shankar is an Indian cricketer who plays for the Indian national cricket team. He is an all-rounder who bats right-handed and bowls right-arm medium pace. In April 2019, he was selected for the India’s squad for the 2019 Cricket World Cup. In 2019, he was bought by the Sunrisers Hyderabad. In March 2019, he was named as one of eight players to watch by the ICC ahead of the 2019 Indian Premier League tournament.
About/Bio/Wiki of Vijay Shankar
|Full Name||Vijay Shankar|
Physical States & More
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Body Colour||Light Brown|
T20- 6 March 2018 against Sri Lanka at Colombo, Sri Lanka
ODI- 18 January 2019 against Australia at Melbourne
Test- Did Not Play
|Jersey Number||#59 (Domestic)|
|Coach/Mentor||S Balaji, WV Raman|
|Domestic/State Teams||Chennai Super Kings, Lyca Kovai Kings, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Tamil Nadu Districts XI, Delhi Daredevils|
|Date of Birth||26 January 1991|
|Birth Place||Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Modern Senior Secondary School, Nangainallur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|College||Guru Nanak College, Chennai|
Son- NoneDaughter- None
Father- H. Shankar (Former club cricketer)
Mother- Name Not Known
Brother- Ajay Shankar (Elder)Sister- N/A
|Hobbies||Spending time with friends, Watching football|
|Favourite Cricketer||M.S. Dhoni|
|Favourite Football Team||Manchester United Football Club|
|Total IPL Income||₹ 105,000,000|
|Net Worth||$53 Million|
Controversies of Vijay Shankar:
He doesn’t have any controversies in his career till now.
Does Vijay Shankar smoke: Not Known
Does Vijay Shankar drink alcohol: Not Known
Some less known facts about Vijay Shankar:
- Vijay started playing cricket at a very young age with his father and brother who helped him to nourish his skills.
- Initially, he bowled as an offspinner but later switched to medium pace to become the part of ‘Tamil Nadu’ cricket team as a number of spinners were already there.
- He made his List A debut for ‘Tamil Nadu’ in 2012 against ‘Andhra’ at Bangalore.
- In the same year, he made his first-class debut against ‘Vidarbha’ in ‘2012-2013 Ranji Trophy’ at Nagpur, in which he scored 63 runs not out and also picked 2 wickets.
- ‘Chennai Super Kings’ bought him three times in 2013, 2014, and 2015 for the ‘Indian Premier League’ (IPL) auction but he played only one game in all 3 seasons.
- In the 2014-2015 season, he scored 577 runs in just 7 matches.
- His consistent great performance helped him to play for ‘India A’ and he made his debut against ‘Australia A.’
- In 2016, ‘Sunrisers Hyderabad’ (SRH) bought him for Rs 35 lakhs for the ‘2016 IPL’ auction.
- In November 2017, he got an opportunity to be the part of ‘India’ squad for their Test series against ‘Sri Lanka’ after replacing Bhuvneshwar Kumar but wasn’t in the playing XI.
- In the same year, ‘Delhi Daredevils’ (DD) bought him for Rs 3.2 crore for the ‘2018 IPL’ auction.
Image Credit: Twitter